Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happiness Tuesdays #12

Happiness Counts!!!
I am beginning Happiness Tuesdays to tell you some things that make me happy and to share with you quotes, websites, and photos to make you happy!


Happiness Tuesdays #12
Here are three things that make me happy:


1) I love the smell of vanilla...sugar cookies, candles, room fresheners. I am sort of a smellophobe; I can't stand some odors. If I walk through the cosmetics area in a department store or (yuck) pass by one of those 'bath' stores at the mall, I almost gag! So the lovely smell of vanilla is always welcome :)
2) Chicken and dumplings...soup or plain...I love the smell of it cooking and the comfortable memories it brings!
3)Which brings me to happy thoughts of Gramma....dill for pickles, raspberries from the garden, her own chop suey, chicken gravy, frosted brownies....lovely! She's been gone since 1968, but thoughts of her are never far away :)


Here's a quote to work with this week:


"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
                          Mother Teresa




Maybe we can all be just a little kinder to each other....


Happy Parenting!
D and C

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Spread some happiness to others and it will all come back to you. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those things make me happy as well :D My three are:
    1) My Little Bit's toothy smile
    2) Seeing Little Bit do something new, yesterday he learned to clap his hands!! :D
    3) Fresh baked cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea! I love vanilla too. Thanks for the follow, I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge fan of vanilla here too:) From candles to cookies, everything has to have a dash of the vanilla aroma. Love it! I am now following you thanks to Welcome Spring blog hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's pretty easy and it would definitely look cute on your blog:) See you there!
    Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails